- Sun. Oct. 11 & Mon. Oct. 12 – Studio closed for Thanksgiving
- Sat. Oct. 24 – Fri. Oct. 30 – Virtual Parent Viewing Week #1
- November 2020 – Royal Academy of Dance Ballet Exams & Class Awards (dates TBA)
- Sat. Dec. 5 – All Term 2 Tuition Payments Due
- Sat. Dec. 12 – Last Day of Classes in Term 1
- Sun. Dec. 13 – Sat. Jan. 2 – Studio Closed for the holidays
- Sun. Jan. 3 – First Day of Classes after Holiday Break
- Fri. Jan. 22 – PA Day Camp – Frozen Themed
- Mon. Feb. 15 – Studio Closed for Family Day
- Fri. Mar. 5 – PA Day Camp – Moana Themed
- Sat. Mar. 6 – Fri. Mar. 12 – Virtual Parent Viewing Week #2
- Sat. Mar. 13 – Sat. Mar. 20 – Studio Closed for March Break, except for March Break Day Camp
- Mon. Mar. 15 – Fri. Mar. 19 – March Break Camp – Tangled Themed
- Fri. Apr. 2 – Studio Closed for Good Friday
- Sat. Apr. 3 – Studio OPEN – all classes running
- Sun. Apr. 4 – Studio Closed for Easter Sunday
- Mon. Apr. 5 – Studio Closed for Easter Monday
- Mon. May 24 – Studio Closed for Victoria Day
- Sat. June 12 – Last Day of Classes in Term 2
We welcome all of our new and returning dancers to North London Dance Centre’s 23rd season! We are so grateful for the opportunity to share our love of dance with your families. We know this has been an odd return to dance with so many guidelines in place, but please accept our sincerest thanks to all of you who have been patient while we do everything in our power to keep our dancers safe.
We encourage all of our parents and students who have social media accounts to like/follow us on our Facebook and/or Twitter accounts @NLondonDance. We use these avenues to post reminders of important upcoming dates as well as studio info. In case of any inclement weather closures, we would also post that information there.
We confirm that at this point in time, the following Covid-19 related precautions will continue to be followed at NLDC and we commit to keeping you informed as guidelines change moving forward:
- Our lobby and dancer’s waiting room are closed to ensure a minimum number of people are entering/exiting the building. Dancers will continue to be dropped off at the door, and our staff will guide students into the studio. We acknowledge that there has been congestion at the front entrance at specific class times during the week, and we will be communicating with a number of those classes later this week with some improvements to hopefully improve the flow. A few things that would help ALL classes to get in and out of the studio more efficiently:
- Complete your Covid-19 screen form online in advance of arriving at your class. It has to be completed EVERY DAY that you/your dancer is coming into the facility. Here’s the link to bookmark or add to your home screen of your phone: https://forms.gle/MoFzEScDYgWxyAKJA”.
- Wear slip on shoes that are easy to remove and put on. Please avoid the socks and sneaker combo, especially if your dancer is part of our children’s program. Please put your dancer’s name on their shoes.
- Line up no more than 5 minutes in advance of your class & please do not block the entrances of neighbouring businesses.
- Arrive on time to pick up children & be visible to our office staff from the front door.
- Have dancers go to the washroom before arriving at dance.
- Dancer’s will be asked to sanitize their hands coming in and out of the facility.
- Anyone ages 12+ MUST wear a mask to enter & exit the facility.
- Dancer’s will continue to be physically distanced in our ‘dancing boxes’ in the studio.
- Our enhanced cleaning routines will stay in place for the foreseeable future.
- Outdoor shoes should be taken off immediately when entering the building. Dancers should not wear their ballet slippers outside. We appreciate that you are trying to save us time on the inside, but any dirt on the bottoms of shoes is a problem for our dance flooring & students dancing in bare feet.
- Young dancers do not need a bag; just carrying their two shoes in their hand makes things easier for us on the inside.
Virtual Parent Viewing Week #1
We realize that given the current restrictions in place, parents have missed the opportunity to observe their children in class. We invite parents to attend their dancer’s class(es) VIRTUALLY during the week of October 24-30. We will share details with parents on how to join our virtual classroom for that week closer to the week of the event.
Buns are Best & Uniforms
A friendly reminder, that all ballet & acro students must wear a proper, ‘dancers bun’ to their ballet & acro classes, unless their haircut is VERY short. No idea what a dancer’s bun is? Check out this great how-to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMj_eaRML1w. Wearing your hair in a bun ensures that students can concentrate on what is most important in class – learning and developing a love for dance! You can purchase a bun kit for $5.00 at the desk if you need supplies.
All children in our Dance Development to Level 11 classes should be wearing their uniform to class each week. Dancewear Plus generally carries our uniform in stock. https://northlondondancecentre.ca/about-us/new-set-uniform-requirements/
Proudly introducing The Young Company of North London Dance Centre for 2020-2021: Tristan Brousseau, Ari Burgess, Iliana Doris, Lyla Hajar, Nicole Jamieson, MacKenzie Mercer, Ainsley Morgan, Isabella Russell, Jenna Russell & Cali Soumalias. These ten lucky and dedicated dancers will have the opportunity to work with a number of choreographers this year. Here they are rehearsing with the wonderful Ms. Pam Eddleston last weekend; what an honour to have her work with our students!
As always, thank you for trusting us with your family’s dance education. We know you have other choices, and we’re glad you’re with us. If you have any questions, please reach out by email and my wonderful staff would be glad to help you. We thank you for your support.