North London Dance Centre has two spacious, air-conditioned studios at our location at 1055 Sarnia Road in North London, near the intersection of Sarnia Road and Hyde Park Road. For the safety of all our dancers, professional-grade sprung floors are installed in both studios. Convenient, free parking is available directly outside of the school’s main entrance, as well as to the rear of the building.
We believe in a balanced approach to teaching where students of all ages and abilities are strongly encouraged to work toward their individual potential, while still having a fun and enjoyable experience. Dance is a wonderful art form which allows dancers of all ages to experience the joy of movement and music in a supportive environment. Self-confidence, coordination, musicality, strength, flexibility, posture, poise, and self-discipline, are all characteristics that we strive to develop over the course of training.
Academic Year and Fee Schedule
Our academic year commences September 3, 2019. At registration, payment for September to June classes can be made in full (which gives a 5% discount off our regular tuition fees), or by an installment plan where 40% of the tuition fees are due at registration, and the remaining 60% on December 5th. Tuition fees are HST applicable. Classes are filled on a first come, first served basis. Students can be placed on a waiting list if classes are full. Summer classes, summer camps, and special guest workshops are registered for separately. We have no separate registration fee at North London Dance Centre.
Students are committed to a full term with their registration (September to December or January to June) as a spot has been reserved in that class for the term. If you wish to discontinue a class or classes before January 10th, for any reason, this request must be made in writing via email, to notify North London Dance Centre. A $25 cancellation fee will be charged per class, and any refunds given are on a pro-rated basis from the written notification date. If you pay for the year in one complete payment, and therefore receive our early payment discount, your refund will be based on the full class fees. We do not offer any refunds after January 10th. Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal from the school.
Performing is an integral part of our academic year classes, and any formal dance education. It is the culmination of the time and effort put into one’s class work. All of our full year academic year classes perform in both our December “Winterlude” demonstration, as well as our June Recital. Both shows are formal presentations at a professional theatre and ticket prices cover the cost of putting on this production. Tickets for Winterlude and Year End (June) Recital are available one month before the shows from online box office at www.onstagedirect.com. Those wishing to attend the performance are responsible for purchasing their tickets in advance of the show. Personal photography and videography within the theatre is not permitted so that all patrons may enjoy the show without distraction. We do bring in a professional photographer at the end of the academic year to take photos of the performing classes (in costume) as well as have the show professionally videotaped for those families who wish to purchase photos or videos.
Winterlude this year will be held at the Wolf Performance Hall at 251 Dundas Street at the Central Public Library on Saturday, December 14 2019. Stage rehearsals for Winterlude will be on Thursday, December 12th and Friday December 13th. Full schedules are provided to students at least one month prior to the shows. Students wear their classroom uniform for Winterlude; there are no costume fees for this presentation.
Our year end Recital this year will be held at the Paul Davenport Theatre in the Talbot College building at Western University, directly off of Lambton Drive on Saturday, June 13th, 2020. Stage rehearsals for Recital will be on Thursday, June 11th and Friday, June 12th, 2020. Full schedules are provided to students at least one month prior to the shows. Students wear full costumes for Recital; Performance Fee of $137 is due by November 1st, 2019.
Student Opportunities at NLDC
Limited volunteer Teaching Assistant opportunities are available to interested and energetic students who are at least nine years old, take at least one ballet classes per week, reliably attend 95% of their own classes, and are interested in working with children. Interested dancers should email the Director by September 1st of each year. Candidates will not be considered if they are taking classes at other dance schools. Many of our older students use these volunteer hours towards their required high school volunteer hours.
Students who are teaching or assisting at other dance schools are not eligible for registration in NLDC’s programs, with the exception of adult students who are also professional dance teachers.